The American Forest & Paper Association Releases September Shipment Reports
The America Forest & Paper Association (AF & PA) recently released two reports that outline the state of printing-writing and Kraft paper shipments in the United States. While printing-writing paper shipments have decreased, Kraft paper shipments have increased.
Printing-Writing Paper Decreases
The AF & PA recently reported that the total shipment of U.S. printing-writing paper has declined 4% year over year from September 2013 to September 2014. Total paper inventories also decreased 6% year over year.
- Uncoated free sheet paper shipments decreased 6% year over year. Year-to-date shipments are down 9%. Imports increased 24% in 2014, indicating the 10th consecutive monthly increase.
- Coated free sheet paper shipments also decreased 6% year over year. Year-to-date shipments have decreased 2%.
- Uncoated mechanical paper shipments increased 5% year over year, which is the 8th consecutive month of year-over-year increases. Year-to-date shipments have increased 5%.
- Coated mechanical shipments decreased 1% year over year and are down 5% in 2014.
Kraft Paper Shipping Increases
Printing-writing paper shipments may have decreased, but U.S. Kraft paper shipments jumped 5.6% from August 2014 to September 2014.
- Bleached paper shipments increased just under 24% from August 2014 to September 2014.
- Unbleached paper shipments increased 3.6% from August 2014 to September 2014.
You can purchase the full reports by contacting Caroline Nealon at email@example.com, or by calling 202-463-2448.
The Paper Mill Store carries a full range of 20 lb. writing paper, as well as 24 lb., 28 lb., and 32 lb. writing paper. We also stock a wide variety of Kraft papers.
The American Forest & Paper Association aims to advance the U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, and wood products manufacturing industry in a sustainable manner though fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy.
“Total U.S. Printing-Writing Paper Shipments Down 4 Percent in September.” PaperAge. October 22, 2014.
“U.S. Kraft Paper Shipments in September Jumped Up 5.6% Over August.” PaperAge. October 17, 2014.